Ever had a deacon approach you with a ministry idea or technology solution that you thought was crazy? We had it happen to us at Cottonwood Creek, and little did we know that our guinea pig reluctancy would allow us to experience a texting technology revolution in our church. Hear the story of what made texting a viable church growth solution and leave with some practical tips on revolutionizing texting in your own church.
- Our Frustration with Texting Technology for the Church
- A Deacon’s Ministry Idea – (we thought he was crazy)
- Texting used to fulfill the Church’s Purpose – participants will have the opportunity to text in keywords to see examples
- Outreach Bucket – use texts at outreach events and for pastor’s sermon, reduce print costs through digitizing church bulletin with hot link interaction
You will learn:
- Enabling small groups to use texting
- Discipleship drip technology
- How to mobilize volunteers
- How to make giving easy, joyful, and mobile
- Analytics Don’t Lie – the statistics of our opt in and opt out rates to the texting ministry
- Managing the texting requests
About the speakers
VP of Marketing
Solutions by Text
James Travis serves as VP of Marketing for Solutions by Text (SBT), Ministry by Text (MBT), and Solutions by SMS Inc. Mr. Travis oversees a variety of marketing and business related initiatives including, digital messaging, strategic marketing partnerships, information security, and overall organizational development.
Prior to joining SBT in 2013, James served as Director of Marketing for EDS Global Sports, with responsibilities within the event strategies group for FIFA World Cup, United States Olympic Committee, USA Cycling, and Formula One Racing Series.
Mr. Travis was a scholar athlete at Wayland Baptist University and competed on the Athletes in Action National Track Team. James is an avid mountaineer, outdoors-man and family man with a beautiful wife and son.
Media Outreach Minister
Cottonwood Creek Church
Will has been serving in full time ministry for 23 years with the last 13 years in technical and communication ministry. He has a business degree from Oklahoma State University and a Masters of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Will has been married to his wife, Janelle, for 21 years and is the father of 2 teenage sons.